miércoles, 28 de julio de 2010

4 days and counting...

Well, I started this entry back at 4 days and counting.. now it's 2 days and counting... my fairwell dinner is today at 9.00pm at Acabar, so far 20 of my friends have said they're coming! Holy crap, I couldn't even get 20 friends from Alaska to say goodbye to me... Funny how a year can change your life. So here are my thoughts from 2 days ago...


As I sit here just 4 days away from my departure back to Alaska listening to the Wasteland, hosted by one of my best friends George on KRUA 88.1 FM the Edge on UAAs college radio station online from across the world... after having packed 90% of my life here in Almagro, Buenos Aires, Argentina... I am thinking about all of the adventures I have had in the past year... as well as how my family will like the gifts I have collected for them...

Up until this week I have been talking about how much I am panicking about having to leave and go back to Alaska as the new me, with my new language and life skills (do I even have to mention my new worldwide perspectives?), but at the end of the day I can say that I am ready for the jump. Going back to Anchorage, to my family and friends, the mountains, darkness and the cold, is going to be 100 times the jump I made to come to Argentina in the beginning because it's going back to what I knew, and not knowing if me-now will fit in where me-then once was. However, that is part of of the beauty of studying abroad, and I am not only panicking and nervous about the transition, but also quite excited and anxious to see how everyone else has changed while I have been changing myself...


Jessie and I in Parque Centenario

So. On another note, I would like to share a bit about Jessie's visit! We had so much fun! There was no down time, we wasted 0 hours, it was go go go! So much fun. Quite tiresome, but completely worthwhile! Here is a rather condensed version of her trip...



Passing my neighborhood, Once ("own-say"), on the way to San Telmo

We went to Gibraltar and the San Telmo Feria in San Telmo after having visited an anarchist library in Palermo. We also went to the...


Casa Rosada! all lit up and pretty for the weekend



Me, Jessie, and Sebastian (from Colombia)

On the 4th of July we went to an Independence Day celebration at Kelly and Jenny's apartment with a whole mix of people: Colombians, French people, Argentinians, Peruvians, Israelis (Yogev), and of course Americans.


Model for Prototype

Long story short, we wanted sushi. I choose probably the most expensive sushi-peruvian-fusion restaurante in the city, Osaka, where we waited an hour for a table and saw this guy. I kept staring at him thinking 'where have I seen that guy before?... he's pretty tall and thin... and attractive'. Days later while walking through the Shopping Abasto I see this ad for a mens clothing store and realized yeah, I've seen him! He's a model. Of course. I feel bad for him though cuz I kept staring at him wondering where I had seen his face before and he kept staring at me back. He must get that a lot. It must get annoying... man, I don't want to be one of those annoying people... Oh well, it's gone and hopefully he took the staring as a compliment.

And that's all I can write for now cuz I sold my computer cable to a friend because the electrician from back in January decided to mutilate it, and since my friend needed a Mac cable I just happened to be able to sell him mine.. win-win. Now my battery is running out. I think my roommate has a Mac, I hope I can charge my computer in his room before I leave.

Hasta luego!
-Jenny

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario